Friday, January 29, 2010

Howard Zinn Tribute on Democracy Now! (1/5)

Howard Zinn was like a cool grandpa I liked to listen to who I never met in person. I'm devastated beyond words and wish peace and condolences to Zinn's family.
Charngchi "Chomskyan" Way puts it better( and more personally) than I can.:

"Howard Zinn passed away suddenly at the age of 87 yesterday.

He was an inspiration to many. His passing is a great tragedy for all peace loving people in the world.

I had the good fortune to know him personally in his last few years, he was always encouraging and kind and helpful. I will miss him deeply."

Charngchi Way

"I am supposing, or perhaps only hoping, that our future may be found in the past fugitive moments of compassion, rather than the solid centuries of warfare. " --Howard Zinn

No comments: